Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Latest Soaps





Hand Milled Creamed Carrots
It is said the practice makes perfect. Well, my soaps aren’t perfect yet, but I learn every day. Friends are sampling soaps and I’m waiting for feedback. After a few soaping failures, one of which was so bad I had to throw it out, I have developed a great deal of respect for those artisans who craft homemade soap. I’ve bundled some of my first tries to give to local homeless shelters, as I know I cannot sell something that ugly. However, these soaps are fine for the skin and far superior to anything purchased at the supermarket. I hope someone can enjoy them. Meanwhile….
Creamed Carrots Bars
 Below is my last batch of 100% olive oil soap. It takes too long to dry enough to unmold. Not to mention the extened cure time.

Unscented Complexion Bars
 The soap below gave me fits. It took a week before I could unmold it. It's 100% Virgin Olive Oil. The top is plain, the next layer is molasses, then maple syrup, with the bottom layer of honey. It may be summer before it;s cured!
Sugar Soap
Today I made my first batch of olive oil and coconut oil soap. All went well until I poured it into the wonderful mold my sweet husband made. Apparently I didn't have the nuts screwed down tight and it leaked several ounces. Just another of those soaping lessons learned.
Oops!
Just another Tequila Sunrise
Can't wait to unmold and cut this one tomorrow. I'll post a pic of the finished bars then.
Finally, a quick snapshot of this geranium by the kitchen patio door. The little guy is tenacious, setting a bloom in spite of the Ice Age happening on the other side of the glass.





No comments:

Post a Comment