Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Full Summer at Bechard’s Botanicals




Surprise Lilies
Oh my, I’ve sorely neglected this blog. I don’t know what to say except weeding, harvesting, canning, procuring and dispersing woodchips, soapmaking and the Saturday market to sell it, herb harvesting and tincture making.
10 pumpkins were harvested from the volunteer vine!
The hugel herb garden 7-15
 The kayaking trip has been postponed several times, although I’ve had intermittent “rests” in the garden, which have given me peace in the middle of this chaos and reminded me of my joyful connection to Nature.
Drying calendula petals for future soap

I’ve made new friends at the Byron Farmer’s Market who have already enriched my life. I now have an “herb buddy” to discuss natural healing and a gentle man who raises goats has provided me with milk so I could make my first goat’s milk soap. The adventures roll on… 
My first goat's milk soap

3 comments:

  1. You have come so far in the last year. Entrepreneur of the year! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming from you, I consider your comment high praise!

      Delete
  2. I am so blessed to know you, Thank You. You are so very smart and teach with gentle spirit. Thank you

    ReplyDelete