Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Picture is Worth More Than a Thousand Words



I’ve been harvesting and preserving for the long winter ahead.

From left to right: pumpkin, grape juice, strawberry juice, beets, pickles, salsa, potatoes, jams, jellies and marmalades.


I’m so happy to see the grapes, which went a little crazy this summer, off the vines and on the pantry shelves.
Grapes on Pergola 2013 

Grapes in progress on potting shed



 Grape Processing 2013


The pumpkin vine looked sick and stressed, so we harvested the eight little pumpkins.


Next on the to do list is to begin harvesting tomatillos from my one huge, sprawling plant. This is the first year I've grown them and know only what my neighbor has said and what I've learned in the internet. I found several recipes for preserves that I intend to try. I'm going to make green salsa to can that will heat up those cold winter snacks. More on tomatillo adventures later...

Tomatillo Plant 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment