Sunday, March 16, 2014

Seeds and Soap




My Mess
 I had to take some time out from soaping for gardening, even though it snowed this morning. The way the wind swooped down from the north reminded me of winter. Then the snow and wind stopped and the sun came out. March is funny that way. Still, it’s hard to get in the mood to start seedlings.


I wasn’t able to get all the herbs started, so will have to work on this project tomorrow.  Since I’m expanding the herb garden, I had ordered some pretty exotic seeds such as Pogostemon cablin (patchouli) and Physalis peruviana (Cape Gooseberry). All I can say is some of the seeds are so tiny I can hardly see them! I’ll have two more “sessions” before the all the herbs and vegetables are seeded.
Herbs Started
 Before I made the seed starting mess, I cut the soap I made yesterday in honor on my friend, Lisa. She’s a Dove Beauty Bar fan, so I attempted to make her a soap I call, “White Winged Dove”.

Essential oils forgotten
I got so caught up in the design elements that I forgot to add the essential oils to the first batch. So, I made a second loaf with somewhat different colors, added the scents and had a second chance to get the dove right.
Natural colorants
Even though I hadn’t cut the first batch yet, I was still able to imagine a possible mistake and correct it. Unfortunately, the first batch will have to be re-named for the female reproductive system. The bird is a little more visible in the second loaf.
First batch on right
So Lisa, I will give you a bar of the scented after its several week cure so you can compare Doves! 
There's a Dove in there somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment