Sunday, April 27, 2014

Busy Week



                       
Extravagance with gelled center
 The week flew by as if the clock had sped up. I moved most of the germinated seedlings to bigger quarters and made three batches of soap. This is “Extravagance”. As you can see it gelled, which is normal sometimes but looks kind of icky. I’m not exactly sure why it heated up. These are the Ingredients: Saponified oils of olive, coconut, grapeseed and safflower, cocoa butter, wildcrafted plantain, rosemary, parsley, Moroccan clay and essential oil.
Fresh Cut Extravagance
 I decided to make this special recipe for those of us with aging skin, so I used plantain and rosemary infused oils from my private stash that I usually keep for my personal lotions and creams. These first pics show a brown soap, but after being exposed to the air for a few days it’s turned back to the colors of the oils, a lovely green. Also, the gelled center morphed back to “normal”.
White Witch in mold
 “White Witch” has similar ingredients minus the herbs. I’d like to give credit to a UK soap maker for the fabulous name. However, my soap is original in design and scent.
Fresh cut White Witch
The third batch this week was a “water discount” experiment in which I became so involved that I left out the honey in this “Honeycomb” soap! The soap came out perfect, but minus the ingredient it was named after. Since these are cupcakes, I will make some soap frosting later and re-name the batch. I’ll show you the finished product after it’s done.

Coloring Tapioca Pearls
When I decided to frost the un-honey cupcakes, I thought about decorations. I’ve found no tutorials on coloring tapioca pearls, so set out on my own. I mixed a little oxide in water and dropped in the white beads. It’s a good idea to get the tapioca in and out because any amount of soaking makes them stick together.
Colored Tapioca Pearls
 I’ll use these on top to make my cupcakes more interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment