Monday, May 19, 2014

Soap Creations and Spring Garden Pics


Allium in Bloom

 The last week has had crazy weather. It got really hot and then a few days later it snowed!
Snow on 5-16
 Meanwhile, I made soap. The cocoa butter soap almost sold out, so I made more.


Original Buttercup
 I couldn’t resist adding the cookie cutter hearts I made from the Suminagashi soap scraps.
New Buttercup Love
 This one has the same recipe but with honey.
I got this bee pic from "Birds and Blooms" magazine

The original Hand Milled Tomato soap sold out, so I made this cold processed version with added herbs and a little Tomato Leaf and Coriander fragrance.

Cutting Tomato Soap
I don’t know why it came out this peachy color, but it’s still beautiful.
Fresh Cut Tomato Soap
 Next, I tried my hand at shampoo bars, which I named “Lustrous Hair”. Since it PH tested at 8, I used it last night. My hair is soft and lustrous, thus the name. It’s still too soft to sell, but it should be ready in a month.
Shampoo Bars
Last but not least, I had a little fun with colors and made “Serendipity”.

Serendipity
Today I must forget soap and get more veggies planted. The bedding plants in the potting shed are outgrowing their containers and need to go in the ground.

Pink tulips blooming with white Bleeding Heart and Flowering Quince in background
Here’s some pics I just took of the last of the tulips.
Last day for these tulips. Whaaa!

No comments:

Post a Comment