Thursday, December 19, 2013

South American Lily




Pink Lily
In the summer of 2010, my sweet husband and I attended the wedding of his daughter, who lives near the equator. The plant life there was so amazing and incredible. Most of the population there lives in high rise buildings so their “gardens” grow on balconies and in window sills. His sister grows this lovely and delicate pink lily, which flowers year round.

She told me that the lily created “babies” like a maniac. Still, I was very excited when she gave me a few bulbs. I planted these little gifts in a pot. They grew up and flowered within a few months.

Pink Lily Saved Bulbs 2013
The first year I kept the plants alive in an east window all winter, but alas! They didn’t bloom. Now I just save the bulbs until spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment