Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Filtering Beeswax and Making Pet Soap


Local Beeswax
:Cappings"

I bought some beeswax and "cappings" from a local bee guy this week and set about to filter it.
Melting at low temp
I started with cheesecloth, but found a knee-high nylon stocking works better.
Two types of filter
It was messy business!
Honey oozing from wax ready to be rinsed
Before I do this the next time, I'm going to do more research, as I know there's an easier way than this.

Pure, clean beeswax
I am happy to have all this pure, unadulterated beeswax to put in my body care recipes. 

Goat's Milk Shampoo Bar
I made another shampoo bar, this one with goat's milk especially created for chemically treated and damaged hair. As soon as the PH tests neutral, we are going to test it. ***Contains only saponified oils of olive, coconut and castor, Shea Butter, cocoa butter, jojoba oil, essential oils and beeswax.
Moonstruck will be on website soon
I'm very happy with the design of Moonstruck, made with goat's milk.
 
Puppy Love Loaf
Puppy Love (dog shampoo bar) is on the curing rack, soon to be tested. I don't know how we can go wrong with these ingredients.
*** Saponified oils of coconut, olive, sweet almond, Neem seed and castor; goat's milk, oat milk, Bentonite clay and essential oils. 
Wild Cat

Wild Cat (cat shampoo bar) is also curing with these wonderful ingredient
***Saponified oils of coconut, olive, sweet almond, Neem seed and castor; goat's milk, oat milk, Bentonite clay, tea tree essential oil, beeswax and madder root.
Natural Pet Shampoo Bars
As soon as we receive the "A-ok," we'll make bigger batches and put our pet shampoo on bechardsbotanicals.com.

If you want to see the videos of us making these soaps, go to our You Tube channel.












No comments:

Post a Comment